Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Day One on the 10 Day Green Smoothie Cleanse

So day one of the green smoothie cleanse.. and I am okay. I did have a minor headache and I feel pretty tired and it's barely 7 in the evening but overall I am feeling okay. I posted an image of the green smoothie to which one of my friends replied on Facebook that I should just drink a whole container of laxatives, which I just laughed off because most people were supportive of green smoothies or they were curious :) 

You probably don't care about that you just wanna know how the first day went- 


Positives: 

I woke up at 4 am, okay my alarm went off at 4 am and I actually got out of bed at 4:30, I got dressed and went to the gym! 
I did 40 minutes on the ARC trainer (this machine is amazing and burns lots of calories- plus works my glutes!)
I haven't "cheated" once (and I am so exhausted that I will go to bed here shortly- so no room to cheat!). 
I don't have the normal "diet" pains or rather lack of sugar pains that I normally go through when I start counting calories
I drank well over 80 oz of water today! 

Negatives:

The headache I got just after noon
The texture of my smoothie at first was driving me insane and I almost threw up while drinking it.
The detox tea is not my thing 
I am craving "real" food however, I ended up eating my allowed two boiled eggs around dinner time (since I finished my smoothies) for substance so that is more of a positive I guess. 

Now that being all said it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. I even made my family pork chops for dinner and didn't even try and taste test ANYTHING! 


Since I don't own a fancy blender, I realized after having nasty apple skin chunks getting between my teeth (told you it was gross!) that I just gotta let the stuff blend for awhile. Let it blend and keep on blending until it is super smooth- then I added ice because I was using fresh fruits. 


If you are going to use fresh fruit I would freeze them so it's not such a watery consistency. 


*Disclaimer: I bought the book on my own and you should always check with your doctor before starting any cleanse program*

No comments:

Post a Comment