Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Checking in..

So as ya'll all know (try saying that 5x's fast!), I have been done with the 10 day Green Smoothie Cleanse for 5 days now.  Okay so I fell off the bandwagon a little bit, I've had fried chicken strips (2 total) and my husband insisted I make brownies to take to our friends house so I've had a few brownies here and there but overall I'm doing pretty good.  

Have I kept the 14 pounds I lost during the 10 day cleanse off? no.. I've gained 3 pounds but I haven't worked out since getting off the cleanse either.. I know, I know and I totally take 100% of the blame for that one. I do eat salads or a smoothie everyday. 

I've found that a lot of things are way too sweet for me like sodas (I've only had two sips and I was completely disgusted!), ice cream, sweet tea (which in Texas is the #1 thing to drink) and even yogurt.. While at Chick-Fil-A, I ordered a side salad with a vinaigrette dressing and a yogurt parfait.. that yogurt was super sweet I only could take a few bites. 

My favorite thing to snack on- hummus (but for some reason one of the brands I love call it Hommus?) . I thought hummus was gross and didn't like it until now. I've found I love avocado hummus and I really really love Cedar's Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Hommus.


It is fabulous and delicious! I take some whole wheat pita pockets and cut them up- toast them in the oven and eat the hummus with them. Yummy and healthy snack!

I've been wanting to make hummus on my own but I can't find tahini paste anywhere- not even at my Super Target which usually has everything. So if any of ya'll know where I can find it- please help me out! 

Anyway I am going to be posting some tutorials soon as I can. 

See ya'll later!



No comments:

Post a Comment