Sunday, June 1, 2014

Day 4 and well Day 5

So (again) I skipped a day of blogging. I am currently on Day 5 of the Green Smoothie Cleanse- which means I am halfway there! But, let me back up a little and touch base on Day 4, I took some notes yesterday :)

Day 4 thoughts:

Day four was tough because it was my husband's birthday. Normally we go out to eat and get yummy drinks like the Renaissance Margarita (from Cheddar's) or a Texas Martini (Hula Hut and Chuy's). Anyway he opted for us to stay home so I wouldn't be too tempted and probably because I would be like a creepy stalker watching people eat food that I can't refuse to eat at this point :) I didn't have headaches anymore and not really withdrawals but more of a craving for junk food. Even on my calorie counting diets I always make sure to workout enough or save up enough calories to squeeze in some yummy junk food- which is exactly why I wanted to do this cleanse. I wanted to prove to myself I didn't need these things. Will I ever eat a brownie smothered with caramel sauce, ice cream and real whipped cream? Yes- 'cause that sounds freakin' delicious! But will I eat them everyday? No.




Day 5 so far has been okay. I have been wanting Subway sandwiches which is completely weird. My friends will tell you, I am totally against paying for lunch meat style sandwiches (and a lot of other types of sandwiches in general) and salads at restaurants/while eating out. Why? Because I can go buy really good  delicatessen meats and cheeses to make sandwiches that taste way better and at a fraction of the cost. I also was a culinary arts major so I have some education background here- what are the two most profitable items on menus? Salads and Pasta dishes. These things cost less than a dollar to make per serving. Anyway I rarely eat at sandwich style places like Subway, so I just find it odd I wanted that. The last time I paid for a sandwich like that? Over a year and a half ago at Which Which- and it was horrible! On the other hand, I also wanted Popeye's- which I totally understand why I'd want that :)  

I might blog again tonight when everything is said and done- but Sunday's are hard to find blogging time since I attend a university online and assignments are due on Sunday. And I procrastinate a lot- I know shocking right ;) 



2 comments:

  1. i only see day 4 through 10 where is day 1 2 and 3

    ReplyDelete
  2. i only see day 4 through 10 where is day 1 2 and 3

    ReplyDelete