Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Day 8- Realizations


Hi ya'll! It's day 8 and I even went to the gym tonight and did 50 (yes 50!) minutes on the arc trainer. 

Real quick before you get to reading all the other info (like you actually read that far down but let's pretend ya'll do). This is the Arc trainer I keep raving about: 

And the image below is showing the estimated calories burned in a hour over 800 (which I took yesterday)!

Finally today's showing at just under 40 minutes I burned over 530 calories- I was moving quickly and I was trying to take an inconspicuous picture for ya'll so excuse the blurriness. But my point the 800 calories in a hour is extremely close because even at the rate I was going in an hour it would be 795 :) 



Okay done with that now on to the real reason ya'll are here- 

This cleanse has been trying but beneficial in that I have come to realize a few things:

1. I am an emotional eater.
I don't have the greatest relationship (not for the lack of trying) with my dad.. long story,short-I'm upset and no apologies are in sight. So after the emotional phone call all I could think about is cake, donuts, candy, heck even chicken strips and french fries. Why? Because I needed it to console me :( This just makes me even more sad because other than stopping myself now I don't know how to cure it. 

2. I am stronger mentally than I realized.
Due to the treacherous phone call above I ALMOST went into the fridge and grabbed a chocolate truffle then I was like screw that I'm going to run to McDonald's. But I just calmed my self down and made the husband and kiddo some dinner. Then I told myself I will not let that man ruin my life (my dad, not Ronald McDonald) or rather put a step back in my cleanse- that I have been doing so well on! 
3. People are sometimes selfish
Everyone is selfish at one point in their lives or another whether they want to admit it or not. I know there have been plenty instances in my life where I was completely selfish. However, for the most part I am the sweetest, kindest, most sarcastic person. I am only sarcastic and "mean" as my friends call it, towards the people I care about. I grew up being very much a "yes" person- no matter how the person treated me- good or bad- I always did stuff for them (and get your mind out the gutter!) like they didn't have time to celebrate my birthday but oh yours is next week? I'll be there. That type of deal. When I met The Husband, he said you can't let people do that to you. So I eventually evolved into my wonderful self that everyone loves :)

My point? Sometimes people who are extremely selfish and you are getting nothing but hurt from the relationship just aren't worth your selflessness. BUT little girls always want attention from their daddy's so that leaves me with one big daddy complex unfortunately. But I do recognize that he is a selfish person and distancing myself from him is probably best to not allow him to continue breaking my heart. Yeah, I for some reason thought parents weren't allowed to do that but silly me :( And yes even after all this you will see me standing there smiling like a patronized doting little daughter next to him :( 

4. My mom is the best mom 
See a pattern here? Still on the soapbox of "the phone call". My mom and dad have been divorced for over 20 years. My mom listens to me every single time I cry about him and every time I am angry at him. She listens and sometimes she joins in on the ranting but most of the time she just says she's sorry-he's a jerk and tells me she loves me. Yes at almost 30, I still need my mommy ;)

5. Working out is easier now

Thought I'd stay on the topic of "the phone call" huh? Nope. So over the last few days working out has been getting easier and I am more motivated to go and do it too. I normally do 30-40 minutes on the arc trainer but today I did 51 minutes. I could've pushed for the whole hour but I wanna go to the gym in the morning and ya know that 9 minutes might have convinced myself that I could skip :) Plus I wanted to tan... yes I tan and yes I know it's bad for my skin. I can hear my mother (who doesn't wear sunscreen 90% of the time because she forgets) saying, "Your going to get skin cancer from all that tanning!" To be honest that's one of the selling points for me joining Planet Fitness, because at $22 a month with a unlimited tanning and massage chairs it was already worth it ;) 

6. Sweating
This cleanse makes me sweat a ton or maybe it's just loosing the weight in general that's doing that? I've read different articles and sites saying when your overweight your body doesn't sweat properly. On the other hand the support group on Facebook says, sweating is the process of getting the toxins out too so it's probably a combination of both. But I  always remember that quote I read once:
Now, I would credit this photo but stupid pinterest allowing people to upload pins and images doesn't give me credit but just a link created by pinterest for the image so if you deserve credit email and I will be sure and credit you :) 

7. Photos and Instructions on this Blog
The biggest fault with my blog? Not enough photos and instructions! I was thinking while working out, how can I get more people on my blog to hear me?!? (cause I'm starved for attention ya'll!) For tomorrow's smoothie I will be listing the recipe and the instructions all for you guys- but I do recommend buying the book because JJ Smith has a lot of useful information in there that has helped me tons! Plus it will be the day 9 smoothie, so you can't do anything with that if you're really going to do the cleanse since the smoothies are all different from day 1-10- but if you wanna try it out to see if it's going to be something you like- that's the real motivation for me doing it :) So it's kinda like a catch 22 you see, I'm like see how easy and awesome this looks ya'll?!? But wait to actually do it you need to get the darn book! 

Okay I am done with my philosophical rants thoughts- see clearer mind- it even detoxes my mind! Tomorrow I will tell ya'll what my plans are for after the cleanse, from day 11 and forward. 







No comments:

Post a Comment