Monday, June 30, 2014

SeaWorld San Antonio's All Day Dining

The Turd Monkeys near SeaWorld San Antonio's entrance :) 



Hey ya'll, it's been awhile! Today I wanted to quickly share my experience with the All Day Dining wristband at SeaWorld San Antonio. My family and I have participated in this deal a few times over the last few years and I always see posts in forums on if it's worth it or not. 

Let's break down the pricing really quick- it's $29.99 for adults and $16.99 for children. So with tax for my family of four, the total was just around $100. Sounds expensive BUT let's look at a few facts here. 


With the wristband there are several places that participate in the all day dining, I think there were around 6 or so? When you go to the dining place you get the entree, one side and one drink. This includes the children's meals as well. Let me give you a scenario, at the Shamu Smokehouse. Entrees here (and many other participating locations) include a meat item, fries and roll. So you still get another side like fresh strawberries, grapes, cakes, cookies, cobbler, etc. plus a fountain drink, sweet/unsweet tea, lemonade or bottled water.


Really quickly the average entree at any participating restaurant location is $9-$10 (before TAX). The side items are all $3.99 and bottled water or fountain drinks are $2.50-$3.00. So one meal for one adult averages around $17 or so. 


Children's meals are $6.50-$8.00 and include drinks. So plus the $3.99 side item, a total of $10-$12. 


So estimated total for my family of four if I didn't have the wristbands- $58!


And this is without any drinks throughout the day whatsoever. I see people without wristbands buying meals like this all the time. So to me it is way cheaper after just two meals and limitless bottles of water throughout the day. This past weekend when we were there, we drank over fifteen bottles of water between the four of us.


I will admit a few things here though, if we didn't purchase the wrist bands, we wouldn't get the additional sides and we would probably be using refillable water bottles. It would still be over $30 for a simple meal for the four of us and we go to SeaWorld from 9:00 am to at least 7:00 pm or later (especially during the summer night shows). 


I find it totally worth it, and some people complain about the lines and wasting time but if you go during earlier times 11 am for lunch there are very little lines on a SATURDAY during the summer! And if you hit up the restaurants near where a show is going on they tend to be less busy as well. 


Another tip- if you get to SeaWorld by 9-9:30, I would just pay for regular parking as this early in the day you will still be able to park pretty close, we always are able to park right next to the blue triangles where preferred parking starts. 


On a completely unrelated note- we are less than a week away from our vacation to the Florida Keys! Yay! 


If you are reading this blog please leave a comment- even if it's just a hello or I hate your blog, you suck at writing ;) 





Disclaimer : I am in no way affiliated with SeaWorld San Antonio, these are my opinions and I did NOT receive any of these items free or at a discounted price. I paid full price for them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment