Saturday, June 21, 2014

Hey Ya'll- My first How To Post!

Hey Ya'll! It seems like it has been forever since I've been on here! I was blogging daily with my green smoothie experience then I kinda stopped blogging for a week or two and posted a quick update but that's it. So I'm back :) I know ya'll all missed me- even though no one ever comments- I lurk on lots of blogs too so no worries! 

So today's blog is my first how to post! 

How To: Cut a Pineapple! 
I know you're thinking- um, I know how to cut a pineapple- boring! But I was taught this way to cut a pineapple through a high end restaurant I worked at. Why cut it this way versus just chopping off the skin quickly? 1) You save more pineapple "meat" this way and 2) It looks kinda pretty once it's all done with. I cut it like this even when I am freezing it for my GREEN smoothies :) 



So as you can see 1-3, this is a rather simple concept, lay the pineapple down and cut the top and end off.. like you didn't already know that- but hey ya'll, I gotta be through.

After all that fun, you start "shaving" off the skin. As you can see in the images, I am barely getting the skin off and it will leave the little "eyes" but trust me it will be okay here in a little bit :) 



After all is said and done, you should end up with something that looks like this- assuming your pineapple isn't missing part of itself. Please excuse the image- the only picture I took of the darn thing during this step was this one- thanks to The Husband talking to me.. husbands.. yeah.. anyway


Next you're going to take a paring knife (I even demonstrate the knife in the first picture), and make a small angled cut on each side of the eye and then remove it. Now some people cut these out by entire rows, this to me wastes pineapple in between so I prefer to do the eyes one and a time like shown- again I know time consuming but if you want to just whack that the thing and skip this all together- be my guest, I just have serious pineapple lossage issues :) 

This is what you should end up with- depending on the depth of your original cuts and removal of the eyes. 



 Here I cut the pineapple in half then at an angled cut, cut out the core of the pineapple. 




The finished product- all sliced up and ready to eat or freeze! 

See that wasn't so bad was it? Try it once and trust me it might not be the easiest but it does look pretty and you end up with much more pineapple "meat". 

Thanks for reading ya'll! 



No comments:

Post a Comment